Monday, April 23, 2012

John Paul's Birth Story, Installment 1

Because a second-born deserves an epic saga.

Last Wednesday my mother in law arrived in town to help us with life after new baby...the baby, however, was still happily ensconced in utero.  Minor detail.

Determined to get things rolling, and fresh out of ideas after trying massage, chiropractic, evening primrose oil, raspberry leaf tea, acupressure, running, membrane stripping, positive mental imagery, sex, pineapple, chinesefood, redwinemexicanfooddrinkinggallonsofsalsavigorouswalkingelipticalmachineridingswimming...

you get the idea

I decided to play my ace. After having tried ev.er.y.thing short of castor oil to get this baby into an exterior position, I put on my game face and headed to Ying's Hairstyles and Foot Massage.

A hidden gem in glamorous Englewood, Colorado, Yings is my go-to for cheap asian massage (not that kind of massage). $25 bucks gets you a rocking foot massage that basically is a full body massage in a recliner, while soaking one's feet in a bucket of lavender. Primitive? Perhaps. But completely amazing. Add to this the grim reality of pregnancy, week 41, and I was a desperate case indeed.

I waddled into the salon and bee-lined for the massage cave where I collapsed most gracefully into the last recliner in the row, swollen toes pointed heavenward. I was ready. Let's do this, Ying.

(Actually, Ying had a hair appointment, so Leena was my superhero that day.)

to be continued ... a cruel tease I know, but the ravenous beast awaketh...did I mention he had a 2 hour and 41 minute nursing sesh last night around, oh, 2 am...? No?

My bad.

Love love love my fresh baby, but so flipping tired.

3 comments:

  1. POW! that is what his nursing session and his onsie made me say outloud just now.... exhaustion is no excuse for keeping what will obviously turn into a happy ending massage (not THAT kind) story from your greedy for details and oh so jealous because we are still pregnant reader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh don't mind me. just checking in again -- for installment two.

    But I guess I selflessly hope that you are napping.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I second Grace.

    On the edge of my pedicure recliner over here.

    ReplyDelete

Is your email linked to your comment? I'd love to respond to you directly, but I can't if it's not!