Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Summer high

We've been basking in the unexpected joy of a house full of some of our very favorite people this week, imported all the way from Rome and stationed in our downstairs area for a few days, much to the delight of Joey and his bf+f Isabel. She and he are just the cutest little people of the age of 3 that you'll ever see. Totally worth rhyming about. So we've been touristing in our own city, drinking the most incredible wine I've ever tasted (see: cheated on my Whole30, but man was it worth it), and generally doing more than just library, petting farm, splash park, repeat.

Living it up.

No filter, and also no energy for the return hike in those 2-year old legs on the left...
In between social events I've been walking, doing laundry, thinking about maybe packing for this weekend, and trying to gather some notes together in my brain so that I don't cause Hallie and Jen to look at each other over their cocktails and confess in furtive whispers, "Wow, she's a lot better on (digital) paper."

So who all is going to be there in that vast, faceless crowd, anyway? And who can I count on to meet me on the rooftop for some serious quality time by the pool? I have a sensible black Speedo I picked up at Costco last summer and I'm not afraid to nurse in it, so I can almost guarantee that if you stick with me we will command the full and undivided attention of the rooftop bar staff. 

If you read this little blog and you're going, drop me a note and I'll look for you when I'm nervously scanning the crowd, wondering how best to use the baby in my arms as a prop. Also maybe I'm looking for someone to sing female vocals on this track when the karaoke mic drops. Just something to pray about.

10 comments:

  1. I'm going!! And super excited to meet you! Poolside without my two year old giving me heart failure with his belief he can breathe underwater- here I come!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be there! Taking my sister and having a preggo getaway weekend! I'll be missing my little crazy toddler so I'll be available for baby holding! Though we'll be at the Sheraton pool :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be there! Where can we get good espresso in Austin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be there with my baby girl too! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I will be there with my best friend. Just recently started following you. Thanks so much for the inspiring words and encouragement. As a mom of three littles ones, it's encouraging to read your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too! Can't wait to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me! And I'm leaving my baby bear home so count on me as an alternate baby prop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll be there. Baby and toddler will mostly be with their Dad at a hotel down the street, but I'd escape to the Omni pool with you if I get a hook up ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'll be there! I like your baby prop idea! I'm not sure what I'm going to do without my kids to help distract from my awkward social interactions. I don't like being hot or wearing a swim suit, so it's more likely we'll run into each other indoors! :)

    ReplyDelete

Is your email linked to your comment? I'd love to respond to you directly, but I can't if it's not!