1. Speaking of sleeping through the night, (don't say it outloud, you idiot, don't say it.you're cursing yourself.) John Paul is doing it. And one week shy of his first birthday. After 5 consecutive days of DOUBLE naps and peaceful 12 hour nighttime stretches...I'm calling it: the kid can sleep.
2. Jillian Michaels and I have been on again off again for 2.5 years. Joey is 2.5 years old. You do the math. Anyway, I've finally reconciled the nemeses and they now join forces to whip me into shape every morning. And while I don't look any better, I feel more in control of Rome, since maybe the buses don't come on time and maybe I can't find what I'm looking for at the grocery store, but at least I can always count on Jillian for a few good chest flys in my life. And Joey is my workout buddy. You might say they have come to a grudging acceptance of one another.
Adolescence should be a blast.
3. There is a construction site directly across the street from our building, so as the weather has warmed up we've spent hours sitting on our balcony watching 'the diggers,' and in fact, JP recently uttered his first sentence, in perfect Itanglish: "Ecco, diggers!"
6. Sleep. Glorious sleep. So much sleep I did our taxes yesterday. 4 whole days early. and in less than an hour. with both kids crawling on me. And it was fine. (Shut up now, Jenny. Anyone who is still reading by this point already hates you, and JP is guaranteed to regress in the most dramatic fashion if you utter one more word.)
7. Blogger friends become real-life friends. I've already creepily mentioned the Tierneys a million times, but in addition to Kendra I've also made friends with a group of mamas in Rome via a sweet reader who tracked me down and invited me to her beautiful apartment for a coffee date/mommy meet up session. Which I'm hosting at mi casa next week. Amazing, the internets. Plus, another lovely reader from Malta (yes, the Catholic island-nation south of Italy) is mailing me color-catching fabric protectors for my sad, sick laundry situation. Glory, glory alleluia. Will wonders never cease?
Off to the Camp with you now, and may your minds be edified with more stirring stuff than this. Me? I've got a double date with a toddler and an angry woman in sweatcapris.