Saturday, September 22, 2012

2 Years of Awesome

2 years ago today, about 39 minutes from now, to be precise, I became a mother on the outside.


My sweet Joseph, how you have filled our lives with joy. And sleeplessness. Oh, the sleeplessness. From the day of your birth until this present moment, you have never been a good sleeper, nor have you ever hesitated to let us know exactly how you feel about anything. You don't exactly play your cards close to your vest, son. And you certainly don't waste precious moments of your busy life with something so mundane as the recommended 10-12 hours of sleep for a guy your size.


This year with you has been my favorite; watching you love your baby brother, learn how to speak and communicate with us, and seeing your eyes light up when a train goes thundering down the tracks near our house ... it's all good son.


And even though I am literally sick from lack of sleep, I love you, and I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Unless you're willing to start staying in your bed longer in the mornings. In which case, yes please.

Here's hoping today is a magical, choo-choo train filled and chocolate-saturated glut of happiness and carbohydrates to fuel your childhood memories.

We love you sweet boy.

Mommy and Daddy








1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday, Joseph! He's a beautiful boy.

    ReplyDelete

Is your email linked to your comment? I'd love to respond to you directly, but I can't if it's not!